Tuesday, 28 September 2010

What a week....

What an eventful week so far...

B has sprouted three teeth (two bottom and one top) in the space of nearly a week, A has managed to lose one new school shoe whilst breakdancing (£50 pair...don't tell Oh Daddy), I was let loose and consumed four glasses of wine and suffered a three day hangover and my previously platinum blonde hair is now yellow and far too short (see what happens when they let you watch a DVD at the salon!). A has two school projects he neglected to tell me were due in today so I am hastily gluing stuff to cardboard and translating into French (Yes, I am one of those mothers).


To top it off, I did a shop online and none of the stuff I actually needed for dinners this week arrived. After telling the very embarrassed delivery driver from Sainsburys where he could poke his substitute economy nappies, I pulled everything out of the fridge and prepared to cook dinner Ready Steady Cook style on the very day I had invited a friend round for tea...

Was about to defect to the evil Tescos online and then I saw this...

The horror!


xx

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me started on online supermarket shopping. Tesco's packers don't seem to be able to work out suitable substitutions at all.I've been given some very strange subs. You used to be able to choose your subs but since they had a website revamp you can't do that anymore. I ask for my shopping to come in bags and most of it is just dumped in a crate. I make the poor driver wait while I find bags and fill them up - perhaps if he's late for his deliveries they might start listening to my feedback of 'where are the bags I asked for!' Asda are absolutely dire. Every week I had broken eggs - not always broken in transit though they were often packed in a bag with tins, but because no-one had bothered to check them when they took them off the shelf. There was always something missing and from time to time I got a bag of someone else's shopping. The most annoying though was when bottle tops weren't on properly so several crates of shopping were covered in clothes wash liquid. Ocado are the best but then it'll cost you an extra bob or ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weeks shop went a bit better. The Ocado shopping came out nearly 30 quid dearer before I'd even completed my shop so decided to brave Sainsbury's again...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!