Wednesday, 13 October 2010

I Definitely did not...




I definitely did not give you a piece of my bread forgetting that I'd just dipped it in chili oil. And I definitely did not give you a rich tea finger just to keep you busy while I did yet more washing and ironing.  I know that I definitely did not because I am a good mother.

I definitely did not take you for a Cola at that cafe just so we could have a conversation while the baby slept in the buggy.  And I definitely did not take you to that cafe after grounding you for not telling me you had a mountain of home work due. I know I definitely did not because I am a good mother. 

I definitely did not let you play on the computer for 30 minutes because I couldn't be bothered arguing. And I certainly did not show you a wildly inappropriate clip on YouTube just because I knew you would find it hilarious. I definitely did not because I am a good mother.

I definitely did not hide The Gruffalo book yesterday just because I didn't want to read it for the sixth time that day. And I definitely did not forget that you are only ten months old and give you half my croissant smeared with jam. I know I definitely did not because I'm a good mother.

And I know that I won't repeat such behaviours tomorrow because...

I'm a good mother really.

(Inspired by SoftThistle, thanks x)

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!