Thursday, 27 January 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3.

I adore this meme by Mich at Mummy from the heart. It helps me reflect on the past week whilst looking forward to the week ahead. I was reminded that it was time to do this when others' posts started appearing on my newsfeed and thought "Urgh!" I'm too tired to do this...

I've had a great week as usual and we're not poorly for a change I'm just a little tired and despite four cups of coffee and a Milkybar (stolen from the kids stash!) still feel zombie-like. Still, I have plenty of reasons to be cheerful and here they are:


1. Team Oh Mammy. I love these guys. Even now after all these years, I'm sitting in my kitchen, concocting recipes for tonight dinner, writing this and thinking about Oh Daddy coming home and I'm really excited. Things are calm for the moment as Miss B is having a very late nap and A is doing his homework but the place will erupt with a new energy when Daddy comes home and we'll be having a blether over dinner.

2. Weekends. For the first time in a very long time we have made very little plans for this weekend which either leaves a world of possibilities or the prospect of doing nothing. Absolutely nothing at all, I might stay in my Pyjamas...

3. Weather. It has been mild this week and we haven't had to leave the house wearing forty million layers and it hasn't taken us 20 minutes to get out the door. I'm all about the simple pleasures, me...

What's yours?

15 comments:

  1. and here am I, in our kitchen listening to dinner bubbling in the Aga! Great reasons. Have a good week
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. It most certainly is about the simple things. I love getting out the house in 5 mins rather than 20!

    Have a fab weekend.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reasons...made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great reasons! Got to love relaxing weekends, we had one of those last weekend and it was fab. Enjoy!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I honestly thought I was following you but I've noticed I'm not so I am now. Confused. Yeah, me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the weather, it makes such a difference to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything sounds happy and relaxed where you are...lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your weekend of nothing or everything x
    http://nairnnicujournal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your weekend of nothing or everything x
    http://nairnnicujournal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @SAHM: I am completely shocked and appalled that you were not hanging on my every typed word! Lol. I am following you, aren't I? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I's looking forward to putting my feet up tonight and reading your reasons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather's been brilliant hasn't it - Tori is a menace to get layered up - I'm usually so shattered by the time she's ready to go that I just want to sit down and not go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great reasons to be cheerful.

    Our weather has suddenly gotten colder, so unfortunately for us it's more layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Carole: Agreed! It's when you strap them into the buggy and they can't physically move for all of the layers that gets me! Thanks for commenting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Herding Cats: The weather turned on us at the weekend! Boo! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!