The deal is that we post a wish list for the coming year and all link up. The tricky part is that it has to be about yourself. Not the kids or the other half but yourself. Hmm...
Here is my offering:
- I want a make over at some point. I want to endure the pain of shopping for clothes for myself and actually be pleased with what I have bought.
- Continuing on from this point, I want to actively give a shit regarding my appearance this year and not just run out of the door with a freshly scrubbed face. I want to want to look presentable. Grunge is so 90's!
- I want to volunteer somewhere even if it's just for an hour a week. We do so many activities and receive the generosity and time of so many devoted individuals that I have to give something back. In the days before my studies took over my life, I volunteered constantly and I enjoyed it.
- I want to start playing an instrument again. I have always been musical and so much of my life was spent learning one instrument or another. I love the thrill of learning and music is an integral part of who I am so I need to regain that bit of me.
- I want have a stronger voice this year. For the past year or so I have endured being treated like shit by various family members and so-called friends. I want to be able to say "you know...you're acting like an arsehole and I won't stand for it". The old Oh Mammy wouldn't have put up with this shit.
- I want to start my own business. I know the current climate is dire but I need to at least find out whether it could work or not and then I'll be at peace.
- I want to have sometime for myself. I do not stop all day, all week. I need time to recharge my batteries.
- I have to stop being a boob! My daily slapstick antics need to stop and if I paid more attention and didn't try to do fifty things at once then I might stop and focus on one thing, avoiding these mishaps. Examples from the last week being: wearing the wrong contact lenses in each eye and missing the bus because I couldn't read the numbers. Putting B's dirty nappy (in nappy bag) in the fridge and throwing out her new juice bottle with the rubbish. Being ten minutes late for school pick up because I put on my watch without the battery instead of the one with the new battery. There are more but I'll keep you guessing...
- I need to spend more time with my friends. I love you guys and miss you and I know you don't care if all I talk about is the kids.
- I would finish by saying that I would like a holiday but my holidays are not holidays really. They are adventures and are action packed and I'm getting tired just thinking about one.