Thursday, 31 March 2011

The Facebook 30 Day Song Challenge. Days 5 to 10.

Continuing on...

Day Six: a song that reminds you of somewhere.


Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird. Travelling through the deserts of Iran in a coach with the curtains drawn and hijabs up full whack as we were travelling though a restricted military area dotted with anti-aircraft missiles. The irony wasn't lost on me then either...
Day Seven: a song that reminds you of an event.
Cilla Black - Alfie. 11 years ago I went into labour. Being the organised person I am, I had my birthing plan ready weeks before. But in a labour which stopped and started for five days, I had no idea what day it was never mind where my candles and soothing music were so I grabbed the only CD in the car. At 11:35pm on 3/7/99, this song was playing...
Day Eight: a song that you know all of the words to.

Serge Gainsbourg - C'est la Cristallisation comme dit Stendhal. Pretty impressive given the gobbledegook lyrics... I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone likes this!
Day Nine: a song you can dance to.
 Laura Marling, Mumford and Sons and the Darobar Project - Devil's Spoke. I luuuurrrrve dancing and could've picked any number of tunes but this one springs to mind instantly and evokes fond memories of coffee table dancing... 
Day Ten: a song that puts you to sleep. 
Dean Martin - You belong to Me. While I sometimes fall asleep to Neil Young (which is in no way a reflection on his talents), young A went through a period of sleeplessness at the age of three and I discovered that only the Rat Pack would do what no amount of warm milk and cuddles could...


2 comments:

  1. I love Gainsbourg but really fair play for knowing the words to THAT one. Beautifully nonsensical lyrics in a way only this genius could produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is an amazing song and shows his genius well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!