Tuesday, 26 April 2011

NEW MEME - I Don't Know About You But...

I love a good meme, I do. If I'm stuck for inspiration or simply want to dust off the cobwebs that accumulate when you spend your entire day with lovely little people I indulge myself in a few memes.

I'm so lucky to have found so many great ones. To indulge my orderly compulsive behaviours I take part in the beautiful KareTakes5's Listography most weeks. To make me feel great and for a little bit of self reflection I do Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful meme. Michelle writes the Mummy from the Heart blog, has the most adorable set of twins and is such a positive soul. I'm yet to take part in Metal Mummy Hannah's Movie Meme. A woman after my own heart, our shared passions mean that I have to think long and hard about my picks as she always picks them first! So whatever your mood you are always guaranteed to find a theme to suit. Well, not every mood...

These memes are fun and now I propose another. Some of these memes are short lived and some don't take off at all. This could be one of those or it could tap into a feeling that we all experience most weeks. I am prone to grumpy moments (really? quelle surprise!) and one of the ways in which I use my blog is to get these things off my chest sometimes.



So my meme is thus: a little meme for everyone to link up to to express those little niggles that life or people in your life put in your way. It's called I don't know about you but I...


Now the rules are simple. Take five minutes to write a little post detailing a little niggle or opinion that you have. It could be something that secretly bugs you about people, society, life. 


So it can be something as banal as I don't know about you but I...hate shaving my legs!

You can elaborate this with a little ditty relating to this pet hate or muttering. Some thing like: I hate shaving my legs so much that I leave it weeks between doing it. Sometimes I even wear pyjama bottoms in bed so that Oh Daddy doesn't rub his feet over my fortnightly
growth and catch me out!



Or it could be something along the lines of I don't know about you but I... don't take criticism well.


Or I don't know about you but I... cry at the beginning of Disney's Tarzan.

Or I don't know about you but I... get pissed off by teenagers playing crappy techno music from their phones on public transport.

Or I don't know about you but I... wonder how that mother standing across from me at the school gate manages to wear a full face of make up at that time in the morning.

What I'm looking to generate is just general mutterings about life and to make us feel better by either getting something off your chest or just by laughing when the comments flood in detailing the experiences of others. I'm learning how to make a button and will revise it as we go along.


Once you have written your post please add it to the linky list below and please mention my blog along with a link to this post in your own post, thanks.


Last weeks trial run saw some amazing entries:

Hannah over at Metal Mummy told us how she hates toast crumbs left in the butter!

JoJo was getting a bit pissed off with all of the meme's floating around the internet these days.

EmVi is sick of football in her house!

Anna at Dummy Mummy despairs at people's inability to read signs.

Steph wonders why man can walk on the moon but ignore huge piles of crap lying about the floor.

Jules who needs curtains for the windows in her head also needs some personal space.

ChunkyBums
hates being kept waiting.


So I don't know about you but this might actually work...


THE LINKY IS HERE


14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a meme.

    I have joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to write a new one. got a great idea!!! do I link up to the same link??? xx also would lve for you to link up to mine.
    http://bit.ly/eEByNm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha! JoJo is on the case. I forgot to put the bloody link tool up!
    Sorted now @HerdingCats if you wouldn't mine linking up using the Linky Tool that would be fab. Spread the word guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have now linked up with the linky. I noticed it was missing, but I thought was was being incredibly dumb and not seeing something.

    See, told you - wandering around aimlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this meme and have contributed a post. I look forward to reading the other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its me again. I've just realised my post is far too long for this meme. Sorry, I got carried away - I didn't realise so many teenage things bugged me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to reading the other posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. @AspieMum: No, no not at all. Any length of post is great. A long post gives us more to relate to and agree with! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah I am because I need to rant!!
    Also would love it if you would join in with my linky. it's every two weeks. no pressure. if you don't want to I won't be offended. xxx

    http://jojokirtley.blogspot.com/2011/04/introducing-jojos-so-called-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope our contribution fits in with this meme. I'm basically annoyed at thinking of the perfect putdown - hours after the argument is over. Have also provided some great ones I had emailed to me. Hope it makes everyone laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this meme! I've joined in again. And Mummy Central you made me do a little chuckle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know about you but I might not have done this right... never done it before but fab idea Fran! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are awesome for doing this meme. You are all fantastic writers and I've loved reading your all of your posts.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!