Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Q & A Time with Oh Mammy!

Wayhey! I've been tagged by the glorious Hannah at Metal Mummy and my task is thus:

I have to answer a series of questions and let you know more about my little ol' self. So here goes...

                                                    
                                                      Factoid #1:  I'm a bit glaikit'

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My boy A. For coping with living in a world built for NT people and for being an awesome little dude.

When were you happiest?
Yesterday, now, tomorrow and the next day. I'm very seldom unhappy and if I detect that I might be, I rectify the situation straight away.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
There have been quite a few. Far too many to mention. I remember walking home through Princes' Street gardens from a rather riotous party the night before with someone's (female) discarded knickers stuck to my handbag. A rather elderly gentleman pointed this out and walked away chuckling as I tried to explain they weren't mine!

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
I don't own any property unless Monopoly counts...

What is your most treasured possession?
My wee family. The rest is just stuff.


Where would you like to live?
Other than where I am now, Stockbridge. If I were really dreaming I would say Rome.


What’s your favourite smell?
Freesia. Oh and babies. Bacon and bread.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Winona Ryder. I used to like her and wished I looked like her. If she were unavailable (off out on another pilfering spree), I'd invent a time machine and either get Mae West to add a bit of cheekiness to the tale or get Gloria Swanson to do a dramatic reading of my life. I'm ready for my close up Mr DeMille...



What is your favourite book?
Ah...shit! On the Road by Kerouac. No! Wait... Oh, alright I'll pick just one. The First Man by Albert Camus. I don't know why really but I am always drawn to this book. I like Camus' works but this one is odd and probably why it fascinates me. An unfinished manuscript of this book was found amongst the wreckage of the car crash that killed the writer in 1960 so the book when it was published is not in essence pure Camus, nevertheless I think it's the most revealing.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Biting my nails, swearing, being a grumpy bastard.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
1950's American housewife. Or Wyatt Earp. Dunno why really just the first things that popped into my head. See I'm very strange!


What is your earliest memory?
I think its being given a book as a present from my newly birthed baby sister. I remember being confused...

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I rarely feel guilty about my pleasures. Ha!

What do you owe your parents?
Money and some slack.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
Like Hannah, I don’t think there is anyone to be honest. I know I’ve upset people in the past, just like people have upset me, but everything happens for a reason, and other than apologising at the time, there’s not much else you can do.



What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My little family.
And food.

What does love feel like?
That's a tough one and there are many types of love.

What was the best kiss of your life?
My babies' first kisses.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Alfie!!! Yes, love? Yes, love. Have you had your tea? Awesome! Aye! Och!

What is the worst job you’ve done?
A PA for rude posh family. I only signed up as it was for a ridiculously huge amount of money. They were so rude and so rich that they no comprehension of what I should be paid so I made up a figure and they accepted. I lasted a month.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Nothing. Everything happens for a reason!

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Not that close really. There's been many a time I thought I was going to die and then I just realised it was a hangover and that I really shouldn't drink like a youngster any more!


What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My kids although they are a work in progress.

When did you last cry, and why?
Erm...I don't know! I usually cry at sad things on the TV but seeing as I no longer watch any TV it has been a while. I did fill up a few weeks ago when Miss B gave A a big squeezy cuddle and then patted him on the back.

How do you relax?
It used to be watching TV but nowadays I just fall asleep if I put it on. So watching the kids play in the Meadows makes me feel peaceful.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
More money. Then I spend all of my time with my kids and possibly pop out a few more. Better still if I were rich I'd get someone else to do it for me. Pregnancy doesn't agree with me. I'm a size 10 and I'm 5ft 2" and I have huge long babies!

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Most people are dicks. You have to wade through some serious amount shite before you appreciate what you have and who you love/loves you.

I'm tagging three other ace bloggers and charging them with the task of telling us lot's more about themselves:

http://insaniacsanon.blogspot.com/

http://stephstwogirls.blogspot.com/

Herding Cats

2 comments:

  1. Aww you think I'm an ace blogger. You're my new best fwiend!

    Excellent answers to some very tricky questions. some made me really smile. I guess I'd better get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops that above comment was me. It's terribly difficult keeping all these multiple personalities in check.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!