Monday, 22 August 2011

Mammy's Monday Music Meme!

It's Monday and that means...



it's Mammy's Monday Music Meme!

Chase those Monday blues away by distracting yourself with thoughts of lovely music.



I will open the link today and close it Sunday night and if it takes off, I promise I'll make it a weekly thing.

So all you have to do is:

Write a blog post as short or as long as you like on the theme of music. It can be as simple as you've found a new song that you like and want to share it because it makes you happy, sad etc etc. Or it could be a post on how a particular song has a specific meaning or memory attached to it (wedding, funeral, births etc etc).


I have written a few so far and my inspiration came from a whole host of reasons. I posted a song after an impromptu afternoon out with friends. I posted a song on the day that my eldest son started High School. I posted a song because it moved me and I posted a song because I heard that the band who had written the song had split up


So come on and have a go. Even if you are a reader but don't have a blog yourself please leave a comment below with your song of the day and a reason why you find that song interesting. If you do have a blog please use the Mister Linky Widget below and I'm so looking forward to listening!


Have fun! xx


The links are found when you press this button below. Please check out the other participants posts! And leave a comment so I know you've linked. 




14 comments:

  1. super excited about this! hope you get an international response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea... I will get my thinking cap on though I've already blogged for today and can't think straight enough to double blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have linked in my "five songs" post from yesterday. I like music memes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do it again next week, I am definately joining in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Travellers Craft: Thanks, me too. I love to listen to what moves other people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PoorParenting: I can't wait to hear your song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nickie: So do I! Thanks for linking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kate: Thanks for getting around to do it! I loved your choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am gonna go with what is most likely an unknown song to you guys; Last Call by Sworn to Oath. I've chosen this as it is my friend's band and I spent a lovely afternoon with him today and even though he was hungover as hell, he sat and read Stick Man to my little boy. How rock'n'roll is that?! (Incidentally, in case you were wondering he is the long haired, beardy guitarist in the video)
    http://youtu.be/00cjdePhQoQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bloody awesome song Miss Steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice idea - head a bit empty today but will give it some thought.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Have linked in my music to spin by post (despite getting some grief for my music choices from certain daddy bloggers... you know who you are!)Great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Added mine.

    One song, but it's soppy.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!