Monday, 5 September 2011

Mammy's Monday Music Meme! Week 3

Hello all,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Last week's meme wasn't as popular as the week before but as in England I know that everyone is preparing for the first day back at school today, I'll let it go ;)

A few of you have messaged me and said that you love the concept so I'll keep running it but I'll refine it further when I get more time.








I really enjoyed reading everyone's different choices and we even had a contribution from a non-Blogger which was ace!

So all you have to do is:

Write a blog post as short or as long as you like on the theme of music. It can be as simple as you've found a new song that you like and want to share it because it makes you happy, sad etc etc. Or it could be a post on how a particular song has a specific meaning or memory attached to it (wedding, funeral, births etc etc).


I have written a few so far and my inspiration came from a whole host of reasons. I posted a song after an impromptu afternoon out with friends. I posted a song on the day that my eldest son started High School. I posted a song because it moved me and I posted a song because I heard that the band who had written the song had split up




So come on and have a go. Even if you are a reader but don't have a blog yourself please leave a comment below with your song of the day and a reason why you find that song interesting. If you do have a blog please use the Mister Linky Widget below and I'm so looking forward to listening!


Have fun! xx 

The links are found when you press this button below. Please check out the other participants posts! And leave a comment so I know you've linked. You can check out last weeks offerings here if you need some inspiration. 





PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AFTER LINKING SO I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE LINKED UP. 









23 comments:

  1. thought i would give this a go this week seeing as my son has gone back to school!! looking forward to reading others xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the musical meme! Hopefully as the days get shorter and people get colder, they'll turn to music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking in again. Always impressed with your choices! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to meet you Jade. Thanks so much for linking in! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep this going.  I love music and have joined in over at http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for thinking up this gem of a meme - I really enjoyed doing it today !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great idea - it's prompted me to revisit an old blogpost and

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining in Ruth. I loved your choices. Inspired! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, yours would be totally Rock n'Roll! ;) Is it wrong that I find Iggy attractive? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in Kate! I'm looking forward to reading your blog later. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've linked up, off to read some of the other posts now. I'll remember to come back next time I do a music post too. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've really enjoyed these blog posts. So interesting. A lot of queen, I hope you've all been playing with the google search bar today! Some of you I'm sad to say are bloggers I haven't come across before. I'm so glad to have done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea! I'll have a good think about music (but no effing wind the bobbin up) and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. Please do...I know yours will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking in Ruth. Lovely to meet you. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking in! 

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is beauty of meme, we're always discovering new things to read. 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kate. I just want to say your blog title is one of the best I've seen on the web. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah! I didn't know about this! I was doing one on Do I Really Wanna Blog. Will join in with you now if that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sure, the more recent link is available on the homepage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome. Please do...I know yours will be good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!