Monday, 10 October 2011

Mammy's Monday Music Meme - Nirvana



No, this is not a song about my teenage years. It is not about that phase where I grew my fringe long and indulged in all things Grunge and Seattle based... 

No, this is a music post about what I've been up to this week. It is about that state in Sramanic thought, the state of being free from suffering. It is about being in a state of nirvana. 



You see...I did all of my ironing at the weekend. I have been a veritable domestic goddess instead of a domestic daemon. Laugh if you will but this feeling of freedom is excellent. 

I am Zen. I have no more ironing hiding in the cupboards or under the bed. 

I am usually very good, dinner is always freshly prepared, ther is usually something baked and we have an extensive social life too. The house is always very nearly spotless but this ironing pile had grown considerably since the start of term and it took me seven hours in total spread out over the week! I should add that I do not iron everything we own so this amount was disgraceful. 

I found clothes that I had forgotten I had! I feel like I have a new wardrobe!

So the start of the week is here and I have a spring in my step and freshly laundered clothes. A and I have figured out this whole high school malarkey and have a solid timetable for him to work from. 

So with this in mind I give you: Inside by Jethro Tull. (Alright, its a bit tongue in cheek but songs about domesticity nearly always involve some fraction of Doris Day and I doubt that she would hide her ironing in the cupboard). 



"Inside"

All the places I've been make it hard to begin
to enjoy life again on the inside,
but I mean to.Take a walk around the block
and be glad that I've got me some time
to be in from the outside,and inside with you.




I'm sitting on the corner feeling glad.
Got no money coming in but I can't be sad.
That was the best cup of coffee I ever had.
And I won't worry about a thing
because we've got it made,
here on the inside, outside so far away.


And we'll laugh and we'll sing
get someone to bring our friends here
for tea in the evening --Old Jeffrey makes three.
Take a walk in the park,
does the wind in the dark
sound like music to you?


Well I'm thinking it does to me.
Can you cook, can you sew --well, I don't want to know.
That is not what you need on the inside,
to make the time go.
Counting lambs, counting sheep
we will fall into sleep
and we awake to a new day of living
and loving you so. 

5 comments:

  1. No ironing.  Well done you!!  That is a state of nirvana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever managed to do every item of ironing so I'm very impressed!

    Have you got a linky for this week?
    My post is here:
    http://minibreakmummy.com/2011/10/10/dont-stop-me-now/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - found the linky and added my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be feeling really smug but I'm knackered! Thanks for joining in! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is. Only got the windows, floors and cupboards to do now ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!