Monday, 10 October 2011

Mammy's Monday Music Meme!

Right this meme has been running for a few week now with varying results. In principle it is a good idea and for the musically minded of us out there, it provides an outlet for music sharing on a regular basis. I think that I took it for granted that everyone loves music and was taken aback to discover that there are those out there who have very little time to listen to music or are just not that bothered.


When I thought this up, the aim was for those of us who perhaps do not have that much time to sit and think of topics for posts to share with peers and readers but to still have a motivation to post something that reflects a little part of us. It really is just another outlet for expression that requires very few words to convey a message. 


Hopefully, things are back on track and you lot are full ideas for this weeks Mammy's Music Meme.

There is no time limit, I post this up on a Monday and you have ALL WEEK to post an offering. I'll start making proper grown up rules when it takes off.


So all you have to do is:

Write a blog post as short or as long as you like on the theme of music. It can be as simple as you've found a new song that you like and want to share it because it makes you happy, sad etc etc. Or it could be a post on how a particular song has a specific meaning or memory attached to it (wedding, funeral, births etc etc).


I have written a few so far and my inspiration came from a whole host of reasons. I posted a song after an impromptu afternoon out with friends. I posted a song on the day that my eldest son started High School. I posted a song because it moved me and I posted a song because I heard that the band who had written the song had split up
. I posted when the whole household got the lurgi and to celebrate a multicultural festival here in Edinburgh



So come on and have a go. Even if you are a reader but don't have a blog yourself please leave a comment below with your song of the day and a reason why you find that song interesting. If you do have a blog please use the Mister Linky Widget below and I'm so looking forward to listening!


Have fun! xx 

The links are found when you press this button below. Please check out the other participants posts! And leave a comment so I know you've linked. You can check out last weeks offerings here if you need some inspiration. 





PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A COMMENT AFTER LINKING SO I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE LINKED UP AND TO INCLUDE THE URL IN YOUR POST SO WE CAN SPREAD THE WORD. 











2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stumbled upon you by accident and I thought i'd join in, I love music so this is a great opportunity for me...thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linz! Will pop over when I get a mo. Thanks for joining in! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!