Saturday, 31 December 2011

Happy Hogger's! Listography - Scottish Styleeee!

This has to be one of my favourite days of the year. 

Being Scottish, we really do know how to celebrate the end of one year and how to celebrate bringing in a new one. This doesn't always involve getting absolutely blootered (drunk) and communing with the porcelain God for the majority of New Year's Day. We get all misty eyed and reflect on our luck and experiences of the last year. For being a remarkably dour and pessimistic people, the majority of Scots I know refrain from whining about their lot in the last year and we look forward with hope and excitement to the coming year.





Having regrets at this time of year, being overly dramatic so as to draw attention to yourself is a waste of time. I'm staying off of Facebook because it's doing my head in already. I'd send the lot of them to a Third World bootcamp so they could see what real hardship and real illnesses and diseases are.

I came across this poem this morning that sums up exactly how I see New Year:

We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; 
In feelings, not in figures on a dial. 
We should count time by heart-throbs. He most lives 
Who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best. 
And he whose heart beats quickest lives the longest: 
Lives in one hour more than in years do some 
Whose fat blood sleeps as it slips along their veins... P.J Bailey

The theme for this week's Listography is top five 2011 photographs and so I thought I would share mine here.


My babies. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, happy, healthy, charismatic kids. I hope that 2012 will be just as wonderful and eventful as this last year has been for them.


Our cheeky chops, Miss B or Boo as she is more commonly called these days. This picture is from the beginning of the year and my how she has grown since. She is so full of fun and brings us so much joy. I can't wait to see how she grows and blossoms this year.


My big guy. Well, what can I say about him? He is just amazing. The amount of people who stop me and say to me that he is just a wonderful guy is awesome. I'm so proud of all that he has achieved in 2011 and the huge strides that he has made and how well he has coped with his autism. I'm sure that as he becomes a teenager this year, 2012 will be even smellier than 2011!



My family featuring the big guy himself. Every year has been amazing for us and every year our love gets stronger and deeper. He is my best friend and my one true love. I'm hoping that 2012 sees more beard action!


 And finally... OD proposed on Christmas eve (after nearly 9 years together) in what is quite possibly the most romantic thing he has ever done! 2012 will see a fair bit of wedding planning and a whole new theme to my blog!

Happy New Year Everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Awwww, sweet. Congratulations and I love your nail varnish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. massive congratulations and great post . Hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! And I just love the first pic in your list - heart meltingly cute. Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations what a lovely end to the year. How exciting to plan a wedding, that'll keep you busy in 2012! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on the engagement.  Exciting.

    Lovely family pictures here...so nice to see everyone's wonderful things in their lives instead of the horrible things you hear about in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! How exciting! Enjoy the wedding planning- its lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Emma. I hope that 2012 will be a great year for you! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha Rebecca, I'm sure that it will. Thanks for commenting and Happy New Year! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Emily and the same to you! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks Wendy! I thst 2012 will be a better year for you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jacq! That's the first time I have ever had my nails painted. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow huge congratulations! What a way to end the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pics, and congratulations!!! What an exciting time x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congratulations - a very beautiful ring.
    Great pics of your children too - and I think teenagers are less smelly - as they discover deodrant and showers (if you are lucky).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Kelly. Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! They are awesome peeps. He is yet to discover personal hygiene! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Jell! Following your blog with interest! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!