Tuesday, 14 August 2012

"Yesterday I did a poo and it looked funny..."

...Said the Toddler to the Sales Assistant in John Lewis. 


Boo has been very reluctant to potty train in the past. Peer pressure amongst friends meant that I started trying around 18 months and subsequently gave up each time that she became resistant to it or worried about it. This was something I was a little bit unprepared for. As a female of the species I expected our mini counterparts to think like us or to be as squeamish as us, I suppose. A was incredibly easy to train and was dry both night and day fairly quickly. Being the slightly grubbier of the species, I automatically expected boys to be harder to train than girls but not in the case of our Boo. She is quite content to sit in a dirty nappy and will tell you bare faced lies about whether or not she has done something in her nappy even as those around her in the room drop like flies!

So with less than a week to go until the start of term she announced that she wanted her big girl pants and that nappies were for babies. The associated banter has been hilarious! The above quip happened while buying travel potty supplies and waterproof sheets. We are having lots of accidents and lots of success at the same time and even wanted her night nappy off to sit on the potty.

I'm slightly worried about what to do when she starts back at playgroup this week. If her attention is focused on something else she piddles everywhere but I think that pull-ups may be a step backwards. I'll just have to start furiously baking treats for the staff to cancel out their memories of Boo's river of pee!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. *dies of embarrassment as she runs full pelt through Pizza Express tonight roaring "I've done a peeeeeeeeee!" xx

      Delete
  2. Bright Side of Life15 August 2012 at 13:30

    I so laughed at your post, great writing style. Good luck with the big girl panties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm wondering if 30 pairs are enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I am also in the potty training trenches right now. Second time round for me, but still as terrifying as the first. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a huge gap between kids, I've forgotten what it was like! Best of British!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!