Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Turning over a New Leaf. Weight Watchers Back 2 Best Challenge.

You may remember that in a previous post I was musing on how best to lose weight. I think that I may have found the answer. September is a great time to think about getting back to best – the indulgences of summer are over and there’s enough time to get in shape steadily and healthily for Christmas. So I am taking part in Weight Watchers Back 2 Best Challenge to lose weight and get fitter by Christmas. 



I have never dieted before and I have no idea how it will go. You can follow my journey on here on my blog, you can 'like' my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter. Weight Watchers* have very kindly offered to support me through my challenge and I hope that you will find my posts interesting and helpful. Everyone is different and has a different set of circumstances to deal with. Just over a year ago we moved to a new area and since moving I have less opportunity for exercise. Also the kids are growing up and life is getting busier so this has had an impact too. Also a few months ago I was diagnosed with depression. I'm fighting it as hard as I can but that has had an impact on what I eat, how much I eat and what I cook. We all know how busy September can be and finding time to fit in healthy eating and exercise into the busy back to school/nursery routine can be a little bit of a nightmare, but with Weight Watchers you can make weight loss fit around your lifestyle, instead of the other way around.


I'm really hoping that I can keep this up. My research into the ProPoints plan indicates that it is adaptable to your lifestyle and fosters a common sense approach to eating rather than attaching guilt to eating and depriving yourself of food. 

The ProPoints plan is a weight loss system that allows you to eat what you like, when you like, until you reach your daily total. ProPoints values take into account the amount of protein, carbohydrate, fat and fibre in a given portion.

I've been very lucky that Weight Watchers are helping me along the way supporting my progress they have also linked me up with other bloggers out there so we can support each other. I'm overwhelmed that they have also created an offer for my readers to join in too! For only £1 you too can join in the Back 2 Best Challenge too and you can trial the brand new iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app for free!

This award winning Weight Watchers app which makes it easier than ever before for members to track on the go. The app offers all the help you need to achieve your weight loss goals 24/7 – whether you attend weekly meetings, or follow the plan online. By empowering you with information about the ProPoints values of all your favourite meals and drinks; the app will really help you fit weight loss around your lifestyle, instead of the other way around.


The app has a database of over 30,000 foods and a selection of over 1,000 recipes, all listed in user friendly categories, and you can also track the Activity ProPoints you earn from exercise too.


Wish me luck!

*Weight Watchers have given me a six month membership to help me get back to my best. Thank you Weight Watchers!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck I am with you on this ..xxx here if you need any help x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire! Getting a bit excited about my first weigh in now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the very best on this challenge and looking forward to seeing some super results

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to this journey with you. Best of luck. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mari and Mich. My first weigh in is this Friday and seeing as I don't actually own a set of scales, I am dreading it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!